Mature skin treatment to help reverse erosion of elasticity and firmness caused by advanced glycation end products.
One main cause of visible aging is glycation, which occurs when excess glucose molecules bind to collagen and elastin fibers and prompt the formation of advanced glycation end-products (A.G.E.s) that lead to severe skin wrinkling. A.G.E. Interrupter is a unique treatment formulated with 4% blueberry extract, 30% Proxylane™ and 0.2% phytosphingosine to help prevent the glycation process and correct severe signs of aging in mature skin.
- Blueberry extract slows down the process of advanced glycation end-product (A.G.E.) formation, preventing collagen and elastin fibers from becoming rigid
- Proxylane™ stimulates GAG synthesis, restoring water and nutrients to the dermal-epidermal junction
- Phytosphingosine helps protect the skin’s barrier to alleviate discomfort associated with dry, aging skin
- Blueberry extract: Inhibits the glycation of collagen, normalizes MMP-1 production, prevents degradation of healthy collagen types IV and VII, and stimulates procollagen I and III, which are essential components of young-looking skin.
- Proxylane™: This innovative ingredient stimulates the synthesis of glycosaminoglycans (GAGs), which prompt the skin to re-inflate from within.
- Phytosphingosine: Reinforces the skin’s barrier by promoting the synthesis of lipids necessary for barrier function.